compiz not working with AIGLX enabled

Adam K Kirchhoff adamk at voicenet.com
Mon Jun 30 10:20:24 PDT 2008

If you get a white screen when starting up compiz, your drivers are
almost certainly not setup correct.  Are you using fglrx or the open
source drivers?  If it's fglrx, you should ask on the appropriate forum
for help from AMD: http://www.phoronix.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19

If it's the open source drivers, please attach or pastebin
your /var/log/Xorg.0.log file and the output of
'LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1 glxinfo'.

Adam

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 10:12:51 -0700
"Mohan Parthasarathy" <suruti94 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried but with no difference. First the screen goes "white" and i
> need to "ctrl-C" to get back.
>
> -mohan
>
> P.S: The odd thing is that my "ctrl-Alt-F?" does not work anymore and
> makes it even more harder
> to debug
>
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 9:56 AM, drago01 <drago01 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 6:53 PM, Mohan Parthasarathy
> > <suruti94 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > According to my Xserver log, AIGLX is enabled  and glxinfo is
> > > reporting
> > that
> > > direct rendering is enabled
> > > and it is able to find all the server side glx extensions
> > > (GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap etc.)
> > >
> > > When i run "compiz --replace", I get the error saying
> > >
> > > "GL_EXT_texture_from_pixmap is not supported by rendering
> > > context, trying indirect rendering context instead"
> > > inotify_add_watch: No such file or directory
> > > failed to create drawable.
> > >
> > > It is extremely slow after this.  Any clues on what is going on ?
> > > I am running on ubuntu fiesty with Xserver 1.5.99.1 on ATI RADEON
> > > X1650
> > PRO.
> >
> > do export LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1 before starting compiz

believed to be clean.