How to build xorg-server 1.5?

Mohan Parthasarathy suruti94 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 11:27:28 PDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 10:43 AM, Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 10:34 AM, Mohan Parthasarathy
> <suruti94 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Finally, i was able to run everything successfully for ATI Radeon 1650
> using
> > 1.5.99.1 though there is still some problem in
> > compilation under xdemos as it is not including XDamage. Perhaps i am
> > missing something..
>
> How are you building mesa? Are you using ./configure or are you using
> "make linux-dri" or something like that? What platform is this on? Is
> libGL being linked to libXdamage?

That was the problem. libGL was pointing to /usr/lib/libXdamage. My X stuff
is all under "modular".
But including option --x-includes and --x-libraries when configuring mesa
still makes libGL.so point
to /usr/lib/. What option should i use for using the X includes and libs
under "modular" which was
populated when building X.

Thanks.
mohan