What happened to the Hercules / mono support?

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Wed Jun 25 06:38:28 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-18 at 14:48 +0000, Tobias Koeck wrote:
> What happened to the Hercules Graphics Card (hga) monosupport in the
> XServer. I can't find the package. And what is about CGA/EGA support?

hga support went away in ~2000, with the release of XFree86 4.0.  Sorry
about that.  Reviving the support would be a fascinating exercise in
necrophi^Wretrocomputing, but I don't know of anyone working on it and
would be rather concerned for their mental state if I did.

CGA and EGA are similarly in the past tense.

- ajax