Help me, I want to draw true type fonts in a window

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Jun 24 06:52:25 PDT 2008

Lucas wrote:

> I´m learning how to program with xft.h lib . I have a problem with my
> first code. I need to draw a true type string in a window. Can somebody
> help me to fix it?
> The code is in this link:
>
> www.inf.ufpr.br/lnf07/ttwrite1.c

I suggest waiting until the window has at least been mapped before
trying to draw anything in it.

Beyond that, what are you intending to do once you have figured out
how to use Xft in conjunction with raw Xlib calls? Most toolkits have
their own text rendering functionality (which will probably use Xft
where appropriate).