Mesa, DRI framework questions..

Chuck Robey chuckr at telenix.org
Fri Jun 20 05:50:20 PDT 2008

Mohan Parthasarathy wrote:
> Ah! I took the Mesa tree from mesa3d.org <http://mesa3d.org>. It looks
> like i should be taking it from anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/mesa
> <http://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/mesa>
> (it is mentioned in the Modulardevelopersguide). So, i don't have to go
> to mesa3d.org <http://mesa3d.org> if i am working with the latest xserver ?

To build the latest tree, IF you don't disable GL, then you haven't got a
choice.  The mesa that comes from mesa3d.org is version 7.0.3, but our xorg
sources seem to want version 7.1.0, which is only available from our
freedesktop.org git archive.  So, it's either disable the user, or use the one
from the git archive, because the only one that is tarred up is too old (even
though it's the very latest stable release).