how to enable H/w graphics acceleration in Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/fbdev/fbdev.c

rama prasad raamsprasad at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 04:57:37 PDT 2008

Hello List,

I am trying to understand the "fbdev" implementation to enable H/W
acceleration on my board.

I found the "FBDevDGAFunctions" variable which I think might be used for
enabling H/W accelaration. This variable is declared in
xorg/sources/build/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/fbdev/fbdev.c file as
follows

static DGAFunctionRec FBDevDGAFunctions =
{
    FBDevDGAOpenFramebuffer,
    NULL,       /* CloseFramebuffer */
    FBDevDGASetMode,
    FBDevDGASetViewport,
    FBDevDGAGetViewport,
    NULL,       /* Sync */
    NULL,       /* FillRect */
    NULL,       /* BlitRect */
    NULL,       /* BlitTransRect */
};

I have modified the above strucutre by replacing NULL with function names
for FillRect, BlitRect and BlitTransRect. But Xserver is not calling these
functions at all???

Can anyone suggest me what is going wrong?