Wizardpen F610 Tablet makes problems with Mouse in xorg.conf

Peter Hutterer peter at cs.unisa.edu.au
Tue Jun 17 03:32:10 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 03:18:34AM -0700, Sadako_Sasaki wrote:
> i have a problem with my G-Pen F610 on Debian Lenny
> I have installed the newest Wizardpen 6.1 rc2 Driver
> and i have made entrys in my xorg.conf
> i can navigate with the tablet on the Desktop but its impossible to click
> anywhere
> that means i cannot open any Application  or drawing in Gimp*
> first i thought it must be only a problem with the driver thats not
> completely working
> After a few Days i tried to disable every Mouse Entry in my xorg.conf
> *both in the Server Layout Section and in the Device Section*
> than i can use the tablet to Navigate and click on the Desktop
> but if i Try to change the tablet as the Default Device in Gimp or Inkscape
> it will not save the configuration
> and after close the preference Window it will jump back to unconfigured
> Device.
> and i cannot Draw with tha tablet.

what version of X are you running? (this is always the most important
information, but it's missing from the logfile)

XInput has changed a lot in recent server versions, so this may be where the
issue lies, but without a full log file we can just guess.
I just quickly googled for wizardpen and the driver doesn't have any
changelogs since 2005. That's not a good sign.

Anyway, to figure out whether this is a server bug please file a report on
bugs.freedesktop.org and attach both your xorg.conf and xorg.log file.

Cheers,
  Peter