example for configuring

Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade pcpa at mandriva.com.br
Thu Jun 12 11:54:03 PDT 2008

Chuck Robey wrote:
> I am trying to fin dout what functions are used (and how to use them)
> to do the
>
> job of at least partially parsing the xog.conf file. I found (finally,
> after
> one heck of a lot of looking) the directory xserver/hw/xfree86/common,
> and the
> files xf86Config.c and xf86Configure.c, but I would be curious if
> anyone knows
> of any docs on how the functions work, and what might be a standard
> way to find
> the stuff related to pointing devices (what the device name for a
> particular
> driver is, and any options that might exist for it). I can't seem to
> find beans
> about this via google. Maybe I'm bad at searching, I dunno, but doing
> this is
> right at the top of my todo list right now.
  Check hw/xfree86/parser. A library called libxf86config.a is built
there, but
it is not installed by default.

  If you are working from "inside" the X Server, try using something
like ctags for
faster finding type definitions/declaration, and start from the global
inputInfo
variable for input related stuff.

Paulo