Wrapping up 7.4 (finally)

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Thu Jun 12 01:14:32 PDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 10:49:57AM +0300, Timo Jyrinki wrote:
> 2008/6/12 Jeremy Huddleston <jeremyhu at freedesktop.org>:
> > Good, centralized developer documentation is greatly appreciated.
>
> Speaking of which, if you have any ideas how to better interlink and combine:
> - http://dri.freedesktop.org/
> - http://xorg.freedesktop.org/
> - http://mesa3d.org/
>
> ...please don't hesitate updating the wikis. Both DRI and X.Org wikis
> would benefit if someone would have time to rethink the front page
> organization by grouping links under different titles and learning
> moinmoin tables / colouring to bring some more clarity there. Both
> wikis currently look like the typical wikis, ie. just braindump of
> links with no thinking about the structure. And yes, I can do
> something about those myself one day, but anyway there's lots of stuff
> around to make more beautiful and therefore more accessible.

I don't understand why DRI and Mesa have separate lists and websites,
tbh, especially given the level of crosstalk.  For the wikis, it should
be possible to link between them, and I'll try to sort out how to make
that happen.

If someone has further wiki improvement suggestions on the admin side
that don't involve MediaWiki (and have a migration path from Moin at
least as clear as the migration from one Moin release to the next; the
bar here isn't quite as high as you'd think, though), please let me
know.

I did start trying to reorganise the xorg wiki at some point, but
unfortunately only got a small part of the way through before existential
despair set in.

Cheers,
Daniel