what to do to get response?

Rik Bobbaers Rik.Bobbaers at icts.kuleuven.be
Tue Jun 10 03:13:48 PDT 2008

hmm...
in my mail there's a list of keys that don't work anymore in xev.
the kernel is OK, he sees all the keys and registers the events on both
devices
it's just xev doesn't seem to map the keys with an event code > 255 (the
evtest output of both devices is attached in my original post)
and some keys which used to give a keypressed/keyreleased event, now
"changed" to a focusout/in/keymapnotifyevent for some strange reason.

so there are basilcy 2 problems:
1. what happens to the keys with an event code > 255 (it used to work in
ubuntu 7.10)
2. how is it possible for the <stop> and <rewind> button to suddenly
change from keypressed/keyreleased events to keymapnotifyevents ? and
where/how do i make it act as a normal button again?

i hope this is clearer...

thanks for the answer! :)