synaptics state

Paul Vojta vojta at Math.Berkeley.EDU
Sun Jun 8 13:37:57 PDT 2008

On Sun, Jun 08, 2008 at 12:49:52PM -0700, Corbin Simpson wrote:
> Maxim Levitsky wrote:
> > [snip]
> > Small question,
> >
> > I noticed that windows synaptic driver has a feature that
> > moving a finger on top edge sends back/forward keyboard events
> >
> > Does some version of synaptic driver support this?
>
> Might be able to edit the driver to allow switching the horizontal
> scroll from the bottom edge to the top edge.

My driver already does that:  option "TopEdgeScroll".  But, it produces
button 6/7 (mouse) events, not keyboard events.  Having a mouse driver
produce keyboard events may not be possible the way the X server is set up.
Or, can it just call xf86PostKeyboardEvent (or whatever it's called)?

Anybody know about this?

--Paul Vojta, vojta at math.berkeley.edu