accelaration method for intel

Tomas Davidek Tomas.Davidek at cern.ch
Sat Jun 7 05:17:34 PDT 2008

 > Except some lousy scrolling in GMail I didn't notice any issues that >you
 > describe on my 855 with the 2.3.1 driver. Sorry :/ Can you find a test
 > case outside Firefox?

Yes, basically any application does it. Example: xterm, clicking its
frame opens roll-down menu of the window manager - in my case icewm. If
I don't choose any item and simply click somewhere else, some odds
remain on the screen in the place of the former roll-down menu.

Since all applications are hit, I suspect it's xorg who causes it.

Using AccelMethod XAA with recent intel driver (2.3.1) restores the
correct behaviour, but I discovered that ROOT is hit in such a case: the
graphics window (should be OpenGL graphics) "does not" remember its
history, i.e. when moving some other window on its top I can erase the
picture. This makes the system quite unsuable, so the only solution I
know about is to downgrade to
xserver-xorg-video-intel-2.1.0

Any idea of some other test I can perform, please ? I append the full
list of packages that are installed on my laptop, maybe you can find a
problem there. In general, I am running Debian Lenny, regularly updated.

Thanks a lot for any hint,

best regards
                   Tomas