xorg on amd64

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Thu Jul 31 16:21:30 PDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 07:06:01PM -0400, Chuck Robey wrote:
> Just wondering if there was an interest group for getting Xorg working
> completely on the amd64 (as a 64 bit kernel &libs) platform?  If so, do those
> folks have a separate list?  I'd love to find that, and read all the articles.
> I tried to get it building, immediately, there are some include dependency
> problems, probably more, and I'm curious if much work's been done on this?

No, because it just works out of the box, and has for the past, er, five
years.  Again, I think your life might be a lot simpler if you only saw
problems as problems, rather than guessed that anything you could think
of would be a problem.  ('The human digestive system probably isn't
suited to onion rings.  How can I work out a way to eat onion rings?
Does anyone know if this is possible? I tried staring at an onion and
then skinning it, but digestion did not result.')