[Intel-gfx] xf86-video-intel 2.5 release planning

Rémi Cardona remi at gentoo.org
Thu Jul 31 15:06:53 PDT 2008

Jesse Barnes wrote:
> On Thursday, July 31, 2008 11:56 am Jesse Barnes wrote:
>> It's my turn to handle a 2D driver release again, so I've been thinking
>> about what we should include (and remove!) in the 2.5 release.  I've
>> created a blocker bug for the release, 16926, and I'm interested in hearing
>> about bugs you think should be added.
>
> Oh and btw, this means you, OSV gfx folks!  I'm expecting to hear from ajax,
> bryce, dberkholz, jcristau etc. if there are oft-reported Intel bugs driving
> your users crazy that should be on our blocker list.

On the Gentoo side, the number of bugs has been steadily going down when
2.2.1 was released, and 2.3.0 shot the number further down. The only
bugs left are the ones with xserver 1.3 (which is the one we ship as
stable) and in most cases, asking the user to upgrade to 1.4.2 solves
the issue.

I hardly have anything to do these days :) Although owning only an i855
laptop makes things somewhat trickier to test the newer stuff.

I'll be putting 2.4.0 Real Soon Now (tm) in testing to get some more
feedback, but for now the 2.3 branch is definitely rock-solid.

Cheers,

Rémi