-intel: DisplayPort support?

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Tue Jul 29 11:36:26 PDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-07-28 at 22:22 +0200, Andreas Schildbach wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I just read about the -intel 2.4.0 driver release. It has HDMI support
> (for Centrino 2 chips, I guess). Does it also support DisplayPort? If
> yes, can it also go up to 2560 x 1600 (30" monitors)?

No, it doesn't.  At this point with the popularity of HDMI we had put
effort into that, and put DP off until later after we knock off some
more high priority stuff (finally getting a memory manager merged, for
example).

I think someone could work from the public specs and get it working,
modulo potential surprises that could be found by looking at what the
video bios does.

--
Eric Anholt
eric at anholt.net                         eric.anholt at intel.com