[xinput] coordinate system of root_x/y

Thomas Jaeger thjaeger at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 16:01:36 PDT 2008

Peter Hutterer wrote:
> do you know what value previous servers reported? In the end that's what 1.4.1
> and 1.5 should report too.

xserver 1.3 (I tested ubuntu gutsy's 2:1.3.0.0.dfsg packages) reports in
screen coordinates as well.
> The device should generate DevicePresenceNotifies if it is rotated through the
> ChangeDeviceControl request. The event generation is part of the DIX, so the
> driver shouldn't get around that.  If it is rotated through other means we may
> have to patch the server.

The wacom driver comes with a tool called xsetwacom that sets various
parameters of the device.  I just looked at the source; it communicates
with the driver by sending bogus DEVICE_RESOLUTION requests.

Calling XGetDeviceControl on the device with a control type other than
DEVICE_RESOLUTION results in BadValue errors, and the returned
XDeviceResolutionControl structure contains garbage.  I don't know what
to make of this, though.