enabling Composite

Edwin Smulders edwin.smulders at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 09:15:38 PDT 2008

Hello Xorg people :)

I've tried looking for support in #xorg, but I didn't get any replies,
so I'm asking here.
I've been trying to enable the Composite extension on Gentoo ~amd64
but somehow it's still not working. I've got this in my xorg.conf:

Section "Extensions"
   Option "Composite" "Enabled"
EndSection

This appears to be correct, and in the logs I see that the extension
is being enabled:

(**) Extension "Composite" is enabled

However, if I try to find it with xdpyinfo (or start compiz) it's
still not running?

dutchy at vampire ~ $ xdpyinfo | grep Comp
dutchy at vampire ~ $

Does anyone know how I can fix this, or further diagnose it? Any help
at all would be appreciated. I would be happy to supply more
information.

Regards,
Edwin