Which application grab the mouse cursor ?

Fredrik Tolf fredrik at dolda2000.com
Thu Jul 24 13:57:46 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-17 at 22:37 +0200, Mildred wrote:
> In those circumstances, I would like to be able to kill that single
> applications using for example a virtual terminal. But I have to know
> which application grabbed the mouse cursor.

It's not really an answer to your real question, but try setting the
"AllowDeactivateGrabs" and "AllowClosedownGrabs" options in the
"ServerFlags" section of your xorg.conf to 1. That will allow you to
deactivate the grab, or xkill the connection keeping the grab with
Ctrl-Alt-KeypadDivide and Ctrl-Alt-KeypadMultiply, respectively.

Hope that helps.

Fredrik Tolf