Intel driver missing shading language extension

Brian Paul brian.paul at tungstengraphics.com
Thu Jul 24 13:18:14 PDT 2008

Mateusz Kaduk wrote:
> I am trying examples and when I run this on my system
> http://www.lighthouse3d.com/opengl/glsl/examples/glutglsl-unix.tar.gz
> Xorg is restarting in a loop. Restarting gdm does not help. Only
> restarting the whole system fix this and not running this "helloworld"
> example. I think this is a bug.

I'm not sure what's causing the crash, but I suspect it's a GLX issue.

I tried the glutglsl-unix.tar.gz test program and found a problem.

It doesn't work with Mesa as-is because there are two fragment shaders.
  Mesa's GLSL linker doesn't yet handle linking multiple fragment
shaders or multiple vertex shaders.  If you just provide one fragment
shader and one vertex shader it'll work.

Also, the glut program is a bit poorly written.  It continuously redraws
the scene over and over even though nothing is changing.  It also
doesn't check for GLSL compile/link errors.

-Brian