Intel driver missing shading language extension

Alan Hourihane alanh at fairlite.co.uk
Thu Jul 24 11:44:18 PDT 2008

Sounds like you are running in indirect GLX mode and there's a bug in
the driver so the Xserver will crash.

If you stop xdm (or equivalent) then Xorg will stop respawning and you
should be able to get a backtrace in gdb, or via a core dump.

But going back to the first point, it'd be easier to check why you are
running in indirect mode first and fix that, it'd be easier to debug the
driver then.

Alan.