[Intel-gfx] VGA to PAL RGB

Thomas Elsen lists at rivy.org
Thu Jul 24 03:21:14 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm trying to get the following modeline to work with my Mythbuntu. This
modeline should be perfect for television sets that understand PAL.

Modeline "768x576pali" 14.76  768 789 858 944  576 580 583 625 -hsync
-vsync interlace

My TV is connected with a custom made cable the joins the horizontal and
vertical sync signal.
<a target="_blank"
href="../../../../redirect.php?go=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusuk.org%2Fprojects%2Fvga2scart%2F">http://www.nexusuk.org/projects/vga2scart/</a>

The problem with the current drivers is that the minimal dot clock is
defined as 25Mhz. I'd like to know if this is a hardware limitation and,
if not, what should be done to run the clock at 14,76Mhz.

I'm using the intel driver with a GMA950 chipset.

Best regards,
Thomas Elsen