gitweb -> cgit

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Mon Jul 21 16:05:07 PDT 2008

Hi,

It looks like we just redirected gitweb.f.o to cgit.f.o.  This breaks
jhbuild and the tinderbox, which use a named URL to get the latest
revision of the xorg.modules moduleset file from xorg/util/modular.

The URL used is:

   http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=xorg/util/modular.git;a=blob_plain;f=xorg.modules

I can't find an equivalent URL for cgit.  If you go to:

   http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/util/modular/tree/xorg.modules

then there is a link to "blob: " that returns the file in text/plain,
but I don't know how to determine what that path will be beforehand.

Some options for the tinderbox:
  * find or invent a way to get the cgit url above with text/plain
  * have the old gitweb available somewhere so I can use that instead
  * get me to rework tinderbox to retrieve xorg.modules from a local
    up-to-date checkout instead of using the web.

Thanks,

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>