Incompatible render changes

Soeren Sandmann sandmann at daimi.au.dk
Fri Jul 18 16:09:28 PDT 2008

Hello,

As a heads up, I am about to make some incompatible changes to the
render implementation. It will affect all drivers, but mostly in a way
that can be handled with sed.

Specifically, I am about to delete all the PICT_* constants and
replace them with PIXMAN_*. After that, I intend to change the picture
implementation to be based on a pixman_image_t, instead of as now
where such an image is created on every fallback render request. This
means drivers will have to use the pixman_* calls to access properties
of pictures.

The question is, do people want me to make the changes to all the
drivers, or do you want to do it yourself? Both are fine with me. If
no one says anything, I'll just fix the drivers.

Soren