Weird Xaw/Xserver bug

Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade pcpa at mandriva.com.br
Fri Jul 18 12:44:23 PDT 2008

James Cloos wrote:
> My *font resources have suddenly stopped working.
>
> Even applying resource changes in editres(1) won't change the widgets'
> fonts.  All other widget resources can be changed, only fonts fail.
>
> I'm not certain when it stopped working.
>
> Xfd(1) can display the fonts, so they aren't missing.  It just won't
> use them for its widgets.
  I think it was not possible to use xfd if compiling with builtin
fonts, what I believe may be problem you are experiencing. Otherwise
I think it may be something only in your system, or maybe when using
xfs it will work incorrectly (I did not test with xfs enabled).

> A pcap shows that the client does send an OpenFont request for the font
  I did not say that, oh wait...

> specificed in the resource.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas what I should look at?
>
> Everything is from git master.  xserver is a few days old.

  Did you not specify --disable-builtin-fonts to the X Server build?
Otherwise, only "fixed" will be available.

> -JimC

Paulo