Desktop effects + intel problem

Michel Dänzer michel at tungstengraphics.com
Thu Jul 17 03:00:27 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 20:58 -0400, Bráulio Barros de Oliveira wrote:

> I don't know why disabling "Direct rendering" option on kwin's desktop
> effects config. dialog doesn't help.

It works for me, though this is on a Radeon chipset.

Note that if this is with a Mesa pre-7.1 snapshot on an i965 generation
Intel chipset, there are a couple of bugs there affecting this.

> Maybe the problem has something to do with the opengl interface, as
> GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap appears on my glxinfo:

The problem is that it only appears twice, whereas three times are
required. ;) Seriously though, it's missing from the 'GLX extensions:'
string, which is the only GLX extension string relevant for
applications. Without something like DRI2, GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap
only appears there when LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1 is set, although it may
work regardless with an indirect rendering context.

Hope this helps,