Mesa: texture_from_pixmap outputs white patch

Ritesh Sood riteshsood at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 01:29:05 PDT 2008

Hi all,          I have a RV670 (Sapphire Radeon HD 3850) and I'm using
radeonhd. The entire Xorg tree including Mesa and drm is built from git.
Now, of course I'm not expecting hardware acceleration, but isn't swrast_dri
a 100% (software) replacement for hardware features? Running the following
commands only outputs a white patch:
$ cd mesa/progs/xdemos
$ LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1 ./texture_from_pixmap
Other demo programs work though.

My question is if i can't expect anything better until dri support for the
RV670 is available (sigh!), or is something wrong with my setup?

Thanks,
Ritesh