[Render] Howto avoid black rect outside of the drawable when compositing?

Pierre-Loup Griffais pgriffais at nvidia.com
Tue Jul 15 21:05:12 PDT 2008

On Tuesday 15 July 2008 20:29:34 Soeren Sandmann wrote:
> > None of those allow you to do what you want; you'll need to use a mask
> > with the same transformation as your source Picture.
>
> RepeatNone should result in pixels outside the window being treated as
> transparent. If it doesn't, then that's a bug.

In practice, the extents of a Composite operations are clipped upstream to the
size of the Src if the repeatType is None, which results in apparent
transparency outside the Picture bounds.
However, as soon as a transformation gets applied the Composite operation
doesn't get clipped; as far as I can tell, anything pixman fetches outside
the bounds of a RepeatNone Picture is black.
Are you planning to change pixman to fetch transparent in that case? We
implemented our driver to match pixman's current behavior.

- Pierre-Loup