xrandr output properties notifications

Tomas Carnecky tom at dbservice.com
Tue Jul 15 09:11:35 PDT 2008

First issue, XRRSelectInput(RROutputPropertyNotifyMask) generates a
BadValue error:
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
operation)
   Major opcode of failed request:  156 (RANDR)
   Minor opcode of failed request:  4 (RRSelectInput)
   Value in failed request:  0x8
   Serial number of failed request:  9

When I change the mask to 'RROutputChangeNotifyMask |
RROutputPropertyNotifyMask' the error disappears. My guess would be that
  this line is missing the OutputProperty mask:
http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=xorg/xserver.git;a=blob;h=5525427f667dcfb0e5b8b3cb8a2a99c4623c6df8;hb=ccec16e519c143f4c0017a37e93ebc52ac472e4e;f=randr/rrdispatch.c#l86

Second issue, the OutputPropertyChange event isn't being delivered to my
application. Please compile and run 'xrandr-output-properties.c', this
small utility listens for output property changes. Then compile
'XRandRSetProfile.c' and run it as './XRandrSetProfile file' where file
is a reasonably small file (you can use for example the C source file of
the app for testing). The app then loads the file into the _ICC_PROFILE
output properties of all outputs. However if you run it, no output
property change events are delivered to the first app.
Don't know what the problem could be here, I haven't looked very deeply
at the related code in the xserver.

tom