git x.org - sis driver: colors messed up on SiS 650

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Tue Jul 15 06:00:22 PDT 2008

Hi!
  I've successfully compiled today's git master x.org on my notebook. It seems
to run well, except for the sis driver. My card is (according to lspci)
Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 65x/M650/740 PCI/AGP VGA Display Adapter
When X is started (by kdm), I can recognize the pattern of the login screen,
but the colors are totally messy. I had to switch to the fbdev driver, which
is working normally, but it cannot change screen resolution.
  Xserver log is not stating anything suspicious about it.
  Using git versions of drm and mesa. drm kernel driver is that of
linux-2.6.26.
  Any hint, what to try to fix this problem, is greatly appreciated!
  With regards, Pavel Troller