[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-nv 2.1.10

René Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Tue Jul 15 00:42:10 PDT 2008

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that the posting with the dumped (un-shadowed)
Video BIOS indeed allows resuming on my MacBookPro. As I did not had
the pm-utils and other HAL (quirks whatever) installed, I manaully tested it
with this command sequence:

vbetool vbestate save > x
echo mem > /sys/power/state

vbetool post ./video.rom
sleep .1
vbetool vbestate restore < x

With XAA this works, however with EXA switching back to X stalls the GPU
for yet unknown reasons.

Thank you again Matthew! Especially as this tip implicitly pointed me to the
new vbetool location and the now split out libx86 library, which I
updated in,
and added to the T2 SDE:

  http://www.t2-project.org/packages/libx86.html
  http://www.t2-project.org/packages/vbetool.html