xorg Digest, Vol 36, Issue 74

Ashish Jain ashish.jain at nechclst.in
Sun Jul 13 23:48:49 PDT 2008

Hi,

Yes, we are trying to get multi-head on X117.1.

Is it possible to get multi-head support on X117.1 (Asianux server 3)
with VESA driver using Xinerama?

Thanks & Regards
   Ashish Jain

Message: 2
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 14:33:37 +0300
From: Daniel Stone <daniel at fooishbar.org>
Subject: Re: Problem with vesa driver
To: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc at arcor.de>
Cc: xorg at freedesktop.org

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 01:20:29PM +0300, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> Ashish Jain wrote:
> > As we know VESA is a generic video driver therefore the VESA driver
works on virtually any modern graphics adapter that's why I am trying
multi-monitor with VESA driver and according to my investigation it is
running well with single monitor.

> > Can we use the Intel driver as a generic driver?
> > Or
> > Do you know any generic driver which support multi-monitor?
>
> The VESA driver's main purpose is to support chips that lack a native
> driver or for chips that don't have stable/usable native drivers.  If
> you have an Intel chip, why do you want to use the VESA driver in the
> first place?

Because they're trying to get multihead going on X11R7.1.

Cheers,
Daniel

Disclaimer:

This message and any attachment(s) contained here are information that is confidential, proprietary to NEC HCL System Technologies and its customers. Contents may be privileged or otherwise protected by law. The information is solely intended for the individual or the entity it is addressed to. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read, forward, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete it from your computer.