sgml formatting tools

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 06:32:39 PDT 2008

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 11:55 AM, Chuck Robey <chuckr at telenix.org> wrote:

> OK, I *think* I've found that you folks decided to use Linuxdoc as your format
> (from my looking at the DESIGN.sgml document) ... ok, then, could one of you
> supply a recommended tool (something NOT only available on Linux) and the
> commandline to format it to either pdf or postscript?

I think what you want is linuxdoc-tools. They look portable to me.

http://ftp.debian.org/pool/main/l/linuxdoc-tools/linuxdoc-tools_0.9.56.tar.gz
http://packages.qa.debian.org/l/linuxdoc-tools.html
http://git.debian.org/?p=users/agmartin/linuxdoc-tools.git;a=summary

The README at the top level is informative. Also, I think Peter said
this, but the desire is to move the documentation to DocBook. A lot of
the documents are old and in various formats, but if you're writing
new documentation, don't use LinuxDoc.

http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/Development/Documentation/DocBookConversion

--
Dan