[ANNOUNCE] synaptics-alt 0.9.3

Stefan Dirsch sndirsch at suse.de
Fri Jul 4 01:22:52 PDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 04, 2008 at 12:19:45AM -0700, Paul Vojta wrote:
> This is to announce version 0.9.3 of my (alternate) Synaptics touchpad
> driver.  This driver differs from the standard one in that it has only
> one author (so far), and hence no copyright issues.  Also, it uses an
> extension for configuration instead of shared memory.
>
> This version features an up-to-date man page, an up-to-date configuration
> utility (command line only, sorry), and support for the Linux INPUT driver
> (as provided with recent 2.6 kernels).
>
> It can be accessed at the following url:
>
> 	http://math.berkeley.edu/~vojta/xf86-input-synaptics-0.99.3.tar.bz2

Sounds promising. Very much appreciated. Any chance to release it as
synaptics-alt, so distributors can easily pick it up and ship it as
alternative driver, which can be installed at the same time?

Best regards,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.)   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0            Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479          D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de            Germany