Remapping Ctrl-Alt-Backspace?

Johannes Truschnigg johannes.truschnigg at gmx.at
Wed Jul 2 05:28:23 PDT 2008

Hello again.

On Wednesday 02 July 2008 13:03:58 Simon Thum wrote:
> Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 10:20:33AM +0200, Johannes Truschnigg wrote:
> >> I as wondering if there is a way to conveniently (as in "don't have to
> >> mess around with the source") remap the three-finger-salute to kill the
> >> X-server.
> >
> > Do you really want to remap it? Why not just set Option "DontZap" True?
>
> If I got it right he wanted to make it *easier* to restart... Though
> your suggestion is probaby the better idea for a public place.

Yes, I actually do want to make it easier to restart the server ;-)
The keyboard is in another place, not publicly accessible anyway. Therefore,
only "authorized personell" would be able to operate it, yet aforementioned
staff has been having troubles executing the Ctrl-Alt-Backspace-keystroke.
So DontZap isn't going to solve my problem, I think.
--
with best regards:
- Johannes Truschnigg ( johannes.truschnigg at gmx.at )

www: http://johannes.truschnigg.info/
phone: +43 650 2 133337
jabber: johannes.truschnigg at gmail.com

Please do not bother me with HTML-eMail or attachments. Thank you.