Remapping Ctrl-Alt-Backspace?

Johannes Truschnigg johannes.truschnigg at gmx.at
Wed Jul 2 01:20:33 PDT 2008

Hello list,

I as wondering if there is a way to conveniently (as in "don't have to mess
around with the source") remap the three-finger-salute to kill the X-server.
We got some kind of 24/7 public viewing-only terminal here whose screen is
turned off every other week or so, and it sometimes does not come up again
properly without restarting X (driver is "nvidia", and we haven't got the
time to look into the issue any deeper) - however, the people around that
terminal with access to the keyboard are confused by having to hit those
three keys in parallel, which is why I would like to remap the killswitch to
some other, single key (like F12 or something).

Thanks in advance for any tips and comments!
--
with best regards:
- Johannes Truschnigg ( johannes.truschnigg at gmx.at )

www: http://johannes.truschnigg.info/
phone: +43 650 2 133337
jabber: johannes.truschnigg at gmail.com

Please do not bother me with HTML-eMail or attachments. Thank you.