Constant DPI regardless of resolution

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Wed Jul 2 01:00:49 PDT 2008

Le Mer 2 juillet 2008 00:07, Nikos Chantziaras a écrit :
> Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

>> I'd expect wmware to decalre a new physical size automatically when
>> that
>> happens (since that's its actual behaviour)
>
> This doesn't solve the issue when not using vmware.

Sure, it's a vm-specific behaviour (virtual screen which physical
dimensions can vary unlike real-world-screens) so it can only be fixed
in the vm stack.

> I fix in X's configuration solves both cases.

No it doesn't. Don't conflate solutions to different problems in a
single mechanism. That thinking is a large part why we have the
current mess. Correct solution to different problems is rarely the
same.

X configuration is intrinsicaly static when use cases contextes are
increasingly dynamic.

--
Nicolas Mailhot