ati-6.9.0 unstable dualhead

Simon Thum simon.thum at gmx.de
Tue Jul 1 23:31:39 PDT 2008

Alex Deucher wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 11:45 AM, Sebastian Glita <glseba at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I'm using dualhead an ASUS with ATI Radeon Xpress 1100 200M against a Belinea SVGA monitor.
>> The latest version now of xf86-video-ati drives the second monitor in an unstable state of shivering, trembling, flickering very fast (or something like that).
>
> Please try git master.  There was a problem with the DAC setup on
> RS4xx chips in 6.9.0.  I may roll a 6.9.1 soon to pickup the fallout
> from 6.9.0 testing.
I have a RV280 + LVDS, and 6.9.0 screwed my LCD worse than pre-6.3 did.
So it can't be only DAC. (6.8.0 is fine!)

Also, though EXA improved a lot, there arew still lots of (fairly
unpredictable, but generally likely during tab or window switches)
occassions where it seems to spin. XAA still has better perf for me.

For some reason I can't switch on AGP fast writes. May this be the cause?

If you want I can send logs etc.

Regards,

Simon