The way to go with new 3D drivers

Shachar Kaufman shachar.kaufman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 09:26:37 PDT 2008

> If your hw support pixel shader then gallium should fit your need, if
> it doesn't then you want to use mesa. There is not much other
documentation
> than what is on dri.freedesktop.org and the source code.

I'm not sure if I want to start off immediately with OpenGL 2.x but probably
something simpler like ES 1.x. Does this really mean I should stay away from
Gallium? I am also concerned Gallium might be too hot for my purposes still
(couldn't get a picture of how stable or fast it is compared with MESA/DRI).

Should I decide to go with MESA/DRI, which driver(s) would you recommend as
a reference?