New tinderbox.

Donnie Berkholz dberkholz at gentoo.org
Thu Jan 31 15:42:52 PST 2008

On 17:16 Thu 31 Jan     , Chris Ball wrote:
> The current setup is that a new build kicks off on three machines every
> two hours.  ppc64 and sparc64 machines build only the xserver/libs --
> this is expected to pass, and these builds should stay green.  An i686
> machine builds the full stack, including all drivers.  20 of those
> modules currently fail to build:  18 video drivers plus xinit and mkcfm.

It would be handy to build (and test) drivers on different
bitness/endianness combinations too. Since sparc64 and ppc64 are the
same (I think), you could do everything on ppc64 and just a subset on
the slower sparc64.

Here's the drivers we (Gentoo) build by default on sparc64:

sun*, ati (mach64, r128, radeon), fbdev, glint, mga, tdfx, v4l, voodoo,
dummy

>    * Is the split of having some machines build an expected-working
>      server and others build expected-broken drivers useful?  Should
>      I consider instead removing anything that's long-term broken
>      from the build?

I think it's useful to have current status of what's broken, even if
it's been broken for a while. Whether it builds is better than any
documentation that could be out of date. It could be a nice place for
potential new developers to find something to fix.

Thanks,
Donnie