xhost + question

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Jan 30 20:23:47 PST 2008

Greetings;

I would like to have a kubuntu box out in my workshop automatically added to
the xhost list when X starts since I've found the command is invalid when X
isn't running.

I have this directory structure on an Fedora 8 system:
[root at coyote xinitrc.d]# pwd
/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d

with these files in it:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 543 2007-10-12 15:22 localuser.sh
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 537 2007-03-02 09:31 xdg-user-dirs.sh

Do I need to setup another file exactly like those in terms of perms, with the
single line in it "xhost +192.168.xx.xx", or can I simply add it to the
bottom of localuser.sh?

Or is this even the right time & place to do this?  It should occur after X is
well and truly running I would think.

Thanks.

--
Cheers, Gene