945GM<->965GM huge performance differences when running GLX apps in parallel

Jens Stroebel dr-xorg at bcsoft.de
Tue Jan 29 06:09:38 PST 2008

		Hi.

When I start the example-prog teapot on intel 965GM, it runs with 160
FPS BUT drops to astonishing 5 FPS when a glxgears is started.

On intel 945GM, this is along the lines of 60 PFS <-> 30 FPS (which is
50%, compared to .. below 5% in the above case).

Can anybody tell me why this is so?

		greets,
		  jens
dr-xorg at bcsoft.de
		23.....56.......drifting
By caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, By the beans of Java
do thoughts acquire speed,  hands acquire shaking,  the shaking
becomes a warning, By caffeine alone do I set my mind in motion