Remove (hide) title bar

pete johnson pete at ucwh.net
Sun Jan 27 22:00:43 PST 2008

Hi all,

I'm using fedora 8 and its latest version of emacs.

What X resource may I specify in ~/.Xresources to remove (hide, make
go away, obliterate) the title bar of the emacs window?  These
(creative) attempts have all failed:

! this doesn't remove the titlebar: Emacs.borderWidth: 0
! this doesn't remove the titlebar: Emacs.titleBar: off
! this doesn't remove the titlebar: Emacs.decoration: none
! this doesn't remove the titlebar: Emacs.decoration: off
! this doesn't remove the titlebar: Emacs.border: off

I know the titlebar may be removed, because it may be done via Alt+F3 ->
Advanced -> No border.  I'm too lazy to do that each time I create an
emacs window.

Thanks for any help.

--
pete johnson ~ pete at ucwh.net ~ 301 873 1332