Problems with ALPS Trackpoint

Arne Schmitz arne.schmitz at gmx.net
Sun Jan 27 09:55:10 PST 2008

I have a new Vaio UX1 here which uses the ALPS DualPoint stick (the touchpad
is also visible in /proc, but not built into the machine):

I: Bus=0011 Vendor=0002 Product=0008 Version=0000
N: Name="DualPoint Stick"
P: Phys=isa0060/serio1/input1
S: Sysfs=/class/input/input1
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=mouse0 event1 ts0
B: EV=7
B: KEY=70000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
B: REL=3

I now have the problem, that the stick generates click events when it is
touched / pressed very slightly. I saw that the Thinkpad driver has a
press_to_select feature, but the ALPS does not have it. Does anyone you know
if I can patch the driver to support something like that? Or maybe even just
to hardcode the driver to don't press-to-select?

Thanks for any pointers,

Arne

--
Dipl.-Inform. Arne Schmitz              Phone   +49 (0)241 80-21817
Computer Graphics Group                 Fax     +49 (0)241 80-22899