Smallest lock for X?

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Thu Jan 24 19:52:46 PST 2008

How to take over the X so can't escape it?

I am looking for the smallest X lock implementation. xlockmore without GL,
TrueType, gtk, and XPM pixmaps is still over 1.2 MB. I don't want all its
features.  I just want to disable typing and pointer for any other X
clients until I authenticate for a "lock".

I have started looking at xlockmore code, but haven't found how it takes
over the X yet.

Any suggestions?

Or what is the smallest X lock?

As for the screensaver, X's own built-in screensaver is good enough for
me. I just want a way to lock it too.

  Jeremy C. Reed

p.s. My four-year-old opened my laptop and started typing, moving, and
closing windows :)