stripping off "xf86-*-" from drivers

David Miller davem at davemloft.net
Wed Jan 23 17:04:41 PST 2008

From: Daniel Stone <daniel at fooishbar.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 02:22:00 +1100

> If only we were using some kind of distributed revision control system,
> maybe people could actually send patches and maintain their own trees
> instead of whining incessantly on mailing lists about how shit everyone
> is.  What a glorious utopian future that will be.

FWIW I have actually submitted patches to fix these kinds of build
errors, in other people's trees as well as those I might be considered
sort of responsible for (sparc drivers).  So the even remote
implication that someone like me is purely whining is incredulous.

And the issue isn't whether someone is maintaining their own trees
correctly, it's about when someone (like you, in particular) crap on
other trees and don't clean it up.

You can make all the snide remarks you want about tools solving social
problems or not, but the fact is that people like you break the tree
and at times were reluctant to do anything about it.

In fact, you still seem to be just defending yourself constantly.