Call for community testers for intel driver

William Grzybowski william88 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 05:17:44 PST 2008

Hi,

Jin, Gordon wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We Intel Graphics driver team would like to make closer relationship
> with community users and calling for interested users (including OSV
> engineers) to join a new community testing program.
>
> Background:
> The main reason is that Intel team is not able to cover all hardware
> configurations hence not able to reproduce or verify some bugs as:
> -- some platforms are not covered by Intel validation team, mostly i8xx.
> -- some bugs only appear on some specific models (e.g. bug#11103).
> -- some bugs only appear on some specific monitors.
> -- some hardware configurations (like TV-out) are not fully covered by
> our limited hardware for testing.

Machine: Acer 5570Z

Chipset: 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile
945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express   Integrated Graphics Controller (rev
03)
00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME,
943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
Driver: From git repository (actually 2.2.0)
Monitor VGA Output: I can test it with an LCD LG 720s
S-video output with an PAL TV Sony triniton (actually outputing in gray scale)
OS: Debian Unstable ( SID )

> Expectation:
> Since we are focused on the latest upstream driver development, the
> community members are expected to be able to use the latest driver and
> build git driver preferred.
> When we announce driver release candidate to community, we'll CC members
> so they will be notified directly. It will be good for the members to
> test the release candidate driver to assure the quality of release
> driver on that platform/model.
>
> Action:
> So if you would like to make contribution, welcome to register the
> membership by sending the below information to me by email:
> - Chipset (e.g. 855GM, 915G, G35, ...)
> - Machine model, laptop/desktop
> - Monitor model (including TV), connection type used (VGA, DVI, HDMI,
> S-video, component ...)
> - Driver version
> - OS
> - Any other hardware accessories, e.g. SDVO card model or TV cables.
>
> We'll organize this program on http://intellinuxgraphics.org with
> joined member name listed, so please also let me know if you don't want
> your personal info (e.g. email address) published.
>
> We'll also hold an irc channel named 'intel-gfx' on freenode.net for
> intel
> graphics driver specific discussion. Everyone can join.
>
> Best regards
> Intel OTC Graphics Team

Regards,
--