RandR 1.3 additions?

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Tue Jan 22 04:07:44 PST 2008

On Jan 22, 08 00:57:58 -0800, Keith Packard wrote:
> i'm not sure we need any structure at this point, but certainly some
> RandR 1.3 documented conventional properties seem necessary. We've
> talked about that several times, but no-one has built the canonical list
> of standard properties and values.

The following is a diff against randrproto.txt with the description of
the properties that are implemented by now in the radeonhd driver -
based on the discussion we had some time ago on this list. I used
"official" names, because I think in the end every RandR capable driver
should support those, but I'd be happy to update them to a general
consensus. There are some to-be-discussed (TBD) points.

Also, the implementation in radeonhd isn't completely sticking to this
standard itself yet. Heck, when is a first implementation complete
anyway? :-P
E.g. RANDR_EDID isn't supported yet, so it's to be decided whether to
implement this at all, or whether this should actually be implemented in
the general RandR code (where it IMHO belongs).
Also RANDR_CONNECTOR_TYPE isn't implemented completely yet. Keep that in
mind if you select radeonhd as your example source code.

Instead of the RANDR_CONNECTOR_NUMBER and RANDR_OUTPUT_NUMBER according
abstractions could be added as well - but that wouldn't be upward
compatible any more.

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>      __        __   __