modular -> monolithic

Andrew Oakley andrew at ado.is-a-geek.net
Sun Jan 20 13:02:56 PST 2008

The reason for putting drivers back into the server tree seems to be
knowing when someone breaks a driver compile.  Surely we can find
breakages in the tree with a "continuous integration" type system?

Obviously we couldn't test on all the platforms or configurations, but
at least we would know what was broken and what worked.

There would also be a question of what to do when the build failed, but
presumably we would know who was responsible for the commit which broke
the build.