stripping off "xf86-*-" from drivers

Lukas Hejtmanek xhejtman at ics.muni.cz
Sun Jan 20 04:57:35 PST 2008

On Sun, Jan 20, 2008 at 04:48:32AM -0800, David Miller wrote:
> You can't support both in the same driver source without a lot of ugly
> ifdefs.
>
> If these kinds of things happen it makes the whole modular driver
> exercise pointless.

What makes you think that non modular drivers will be synced with X server
changes? It is up to maintainers to watch X server changes and make patches as
appropriate.

Yes, I know that current tree of X server and drivers does not build. But
I don't care. And I even do not know why I should build all the drivers if
I do not need them.

Besides, non modular X server still does not solve problem with e.g. synaptics
driver that is no more maintained and it is not a part of the tree. But almost
all laptops use it todays.

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek