X.Org security advisory: multiple vulnerabilities in the X server

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 03:54:15 PST 2008

Matthieu Herrb wrote:

> ftp://ftp.freedesktop.org/pub/xorg/X11R7.2/patches/xorg-xserver-1.2-multiple-overflows.diff
> ftp://ftp.freedesktop.org/pub/xorg/X11R7.3/patches/xorg-xserver-1.4-multiple-overflows.diff

The freedesktop FTP server still contains buggy patches that cause regressions.
This is very irresponsible. Why should I extract the correct fixes from Debian
packaging, instead of the official place?

Attached (for others to look at) are both the bad (official) diff for the SHM
problem and the diff that went into Debian.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov